- Edward Barbour, Grant Wilson, Peter Hall & Jonathan Radcliffe. “Can negative electricity prices encourage inefficient electrical energy storage devices?”, International Journal of Environmental Studies, 2014. DOI: 10.1080/00207233.2014.966968. Link.
- Burnett, D., Barbour, E. and Harrison, G. “The UK Solar Energy Resource and the Impact of Climate Change”, Renewable Energy, vol. 71, November 2014. 10.1016/j.renene.2014.05.034. Link.
- Gill, S., Barbour, E., Wilson, I.A.G. and Infield, D., “Maximising revenue for non-firm distributed wind generation with energy storage in an active management scheme,” Renewable Power Generation, IET, vol.7, no.5, pp.., Sept. 2013. Link.
- Barbour, E., Wilson, I.A.G., Bryden, I.G., McGregor, P.G., Mulheran, P.A. and Hall, P.J. “Towards an objective method to compare energy storage technologies: development and validation of a model to determine the upper boundary of revenue available from electrical price arbitrage”, Energy Environ. Sci., 2012, 5, 5425-5436. Link.
- Barbour, E. and Bryden, I.G.. “Energy storage in association with tidal current generation systems”, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part A: Journal of Power and Energy 2011 225:443. Link.
- Barbour, E., Mignard, D., Ding, Y., & Li, Y. (2015). Adiabatic Compressed Air Energy Storage with packed bed thermal energy storage. Applied Energy, 155, 804-815. Link.
- E Barbour, IAG Wilson, J Radcliffe, Y Ding, Y Li. (2016). A review of pumped hydro energy storage development in significant international electricity markets. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 61, 421-432. Link.
- Radcliffe, J., Taylor, P., Davies, L., Blyth, W. and Barbour, E. “Energy Storage in UK and Korea: Innovation, investment and co-operation.” Centre for Low carbon Futures Report. July 2014. Link.
- Brandon et al. (2016). UK Research Needs in Grid Scale Energy Storage. White paper report on key technology options for grid scale energy storage. Link.
- Xu, S., Barbour, E. and Gonzalez, M.C. “Household Segmentation by Load Shape and Daily Consumption.” 6th International Workshop on Urban Computing held in Conjunction with ACM KDD 2017 Conference.
- Barbour, E. “Energy Storage for Dispatchable Renewable Energy Conversion”, International Network on Offshore Renewable Energy (INORE) Symposium May 2012, poster presentation.
- Gill, S., Barbour, E., Wilson, I. A. G., Infield, D. “Maximising revenue for non-firm distributed wind generation with energy storage in an active management scheme”, Renewable Power Generation IET Conference proceedings, pp.275-280, 6-8 Sept. 2011. Link.
- Barbour, E. and Wilson, I.A.G. “A Technical and Economic Model of Tidal Current Energy Conversion coupled with a Storage System”, IRES 2010 Conference Proceedings, poster presentation.